Nupur's One hot stove banner itself shows Typical Maharastrian way of serving items in a paan(baniyan leaves).My Ayi's(mom)house is basically a joint family.Before marriage, I remembered they (kakku and my Ayi) used to cook.My Ayi says that "paat,paani,thaat,ani vaati gala".Me, sister and my cousins do that job arranging a wooden seat or a mat to sit,water ,plate,and bowl before the mat.
I invited one of my friends family for a mid-day meal feast.I like to share for Nupur's RCI-Maharatrian cuisine.
- Nimbu-lime piece
- Chutney pood-dry chutney powder made with dry coconut and garlic.
- Kamang kakdi -Cucumber salad with peanut powder .
- Bhatatyachi bhaaji-Potato curry with onion as a side dish.
- Kothimbir vadi-corriander/cilantro and chickpea flour steamed with other spices as a side dish.
- Puri -Main dish
- Bhath-cooked rice as main dish
- Varan -Dhal with simla mirchi(capsicum/bell pepper)as a accompaniments for rice.
- Thoop-Ghee/clarified butter,on top of varan gives additional taste for dhal.
- Shrikhand-Yoghurt with rich flavours as a sweet having with puri or plainly.